Sunday, January 2, 2011

Rusty

I went to university to become a journalist. Five and a half years later, here I am - graduated, living on a small island and about to become a mother. The funny thing is that, two years into my degree, I realized journalism wasn't for me. I mean, I still liked writing, but I was a die-hard out for the scoop, driven and determined to get published. So I decided to minor in public relations. One day when circumstances are more conducive, I plan to work for an organization with goals centering around making the world more sustainable rather than producing a product that will be break in three months and be thrown out. But for now, I want to keep up my writing if only for pleasure. Hence the blogging.

I'm feeling a little rusty - actually quite rusty. I haven't got my thoughts channeled in such a manner that allows me to go on a rant or in depth examination of one of the many subjects that captures my interest these days. The plan is to eventually get past this rusty stage and put to paper the topics that I have spent countless hours talking to people about and researching.

So what are some of these topics that I am so eager to share my thoughts and knowledge about? I'd like to share a bit about my background and the journey of my life the last couple years. But that's another post for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment